Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Break '14 - Tuesday

Some of you may know this, but most probably don't. For years now, I've struggled & desired to feed our family the best possible. Finances and practicality usually win out over my desire to 'eat healthy', but it's been there. When Aspen was a baby, I researched Raw Milk vs. Milk purchased at the grocery store (pasteurized/homogenized...) After discussing it over with Brian, it was determined that wasn't an option for us at that time...so, I bought the best grocery store milk I felt I could find. And then...Eliana came along, and once again I was apprehensive to give her Milk, thus the whole Raw Milk discussion came up again. With MUCH, MUCH prayer, and the Lord pretty much doing a miracle of changing minds, I'm grateful to say, we have switched to drinking Raw Cows Milk. Yay!! (I know, we're weirdos...I'm still working on changing lots of other things too, I promise!)

There is LOTS to consider when purchasing/consuming Raw Milk. For us, the top #1 thing is the Dairy/Cows it comes from. So, off we went for a trip to the dairy! 

Walking over to see the baby calves...



Aren't they cute?! The Mama's were out in the pasture, and I didn't snap a picture of them...






After leaving the dairy with fresh milk, fresh eggs, and a bonus of free fresh Sour Cream, we were off to find a picnic place. We got all set up, and then decided it was too windy and cool...



Thus, we picnic-ed in the back of the van. It was way better -- the girls especially thought so because they could sort of move around.



Pointing at the big trucks zooming by...


After lunch and a little drive, we went to the Woodlands, where Brian had an appointment. We were way early, but were able to find a fun park for the girls to get their wiggles out! 




We had such a fun family day!!! 

If any of you are interested, I'd be happy to discuss Raw Milk with you... Also, I suggest clicking here and typing 'milk' into the search box... it's what helped solidify our decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment