Sunday, October 5, 2014

Remembering...


Today is a very hard day for our family. It marks a year anniversary of a day we wished hadn’t of come. This day tragically changed each of our lives, and the lives of so very many other people. It was the day our beloved Dad Moreno passed away. The past year has been full of so much sorrow and hardship as we as a family, and individually, have tried to press on without Dad right by our sides. It’s been so hard…hard in each of our lives, but also hard to watch each other struggle through it too. Certainly not a fun filled past year as we might have imagined before Dad’s accident. 

I feel inapt writing this, but, for 4 very short years, I grew to love him as my father, and I truly do love him. I am so grateful and blest to be married into his family and take his honored name. 

There really aren't words. Mainly only tears. For me, they're most often shared in silence, alone. As the 'in-law', I feel I have to be strong for my husband, and the family. Or countless other ridiculous reasons that pop into my head that really aren't true. So many times this year I've blinked away tears as I thought of Dad. Sometimes though, like today, I just can't blink them away. I. Miss. Dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment