Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Part 1 - Stephenville


Okay! June 28, 2012, Brian, Aspen and I headed out for our family vacation. YAY!!! Brian was incredibly sweet and kept my family tradition of stopping to get donuts on the way out of town. Aspen especially enjoyed the special treat of donut holes. I must say, the glazed donuts were delicious!! I was disappointed in my sausage and cheese kolache..wasn't as good as they usually are. (...to my northern friends, I'll buy you a kolache when you come visit me. :))


The goal of the day was to arrive safely in Stephenville, Texas to visit Charlie, Magan, Gabby, Eric & Daniel Carrasco - some of our sweet friends whom we rarely see...(Charlie, Magan & Brian are 'old' Galveston friends, and Charlie stood in our wedding.) That evening we went to a fun little restaurant with them called "Montana's". We had fried pickles for the first time, served with Ranch Dip for dipping. MMMMM!!! I loved it...and Aspen did too, especially the dip part. The whole meal was delicious, and fellowship even better. 

After dinner we headed back to the house to hang out and visit. Aspen only slept for about an hour that day, so we were surprised (and proud) of how well she was behaving. It continued to get later, and she just kept on going. One of the boys got some drumsticks and began 'beating' on a laundry basket. Aspen quickly decided she wanted in on the fun too. In case you're wondering, Aspen won't be playing the drums in the future...Paw Paw already says Tuba. ;)

 

Friday was spent resting, and catching up. After Aspen's naptime that day we headed over to a friend's house where we had a fun evening swimming and grilling out, chips & fruit...Charlie grilled delicious sausages & brats!! We were invaded a few times by TEXAS sized yellowjackets; I kid you not on the size. They. were. huge. And, somehow they enjoyed landing on or close to my little girl.



Saturday morning we loaded up and continued on our journey to Colorado.



No comments:

Post a Comment