Thursday, August 30, 2012

Outside Time...

I haven't let Aspen play outside too much lately... To me, it's been extra hot, and when it's cool enough to be out, the mosquito's decide to be out too. I've missed the spring days when I clean the kitchen in the morning, while Aspen played close by on the back porch, insisting the door be open completely. Thus, I've been looking forward to the fall days that we can play outside more. Now, it is WAY  from fall down here in our part of Texas, but there has been a breeze the past couple days. I'd like to credit it to Hurricane Isaac moving air around, causing it to be a bit breezy, but, in reality, I doubt that's the real reason. So, we have played outside this week...And, in case any of you are wondering; Yes, Aspen did rediscover the pot full of dirt, and I found cute handfuls of dirt on my kitchen floor once again...this time, I couldn't find my little broom to clean it up with...Aspen has walked off with it, (along with "her" iPod Nano & a puzzle piece) I'm currently not sure where any of those items are. Anyway...Aspen was so precious playing outside. The grass/weeds are a bit tall, but, honestly, I'm just grateful its green; last year, it was burnt by this time. The tall grass made for fun pictures anyway. 


I hadn't fixed Aspen's hair yet...I wish there was a way to keep it out of her eyes, without a clip or bangs...it's growing, and she'll learn to tuck it behind her ears soon, I hope.


Sweet girl...


Tromping through the weeds...




I love this picture! She was saying "cheese" for the camera. 


I'm sure little boys are just precious too, but... I love how Aspen picks these little flowers and is just enthralled by them. She so carefully, pulls them, then waddles into the house to show her special find to me. Then, she cares it around outside or inside, until she finds something more exciting. Today, right after this picture, she headed back outside, turned at the door and said, "bye!" and blew kisses! So sweet. Simple things that I hope as a Mom I'll never forget that Aspen did, but I have a feeling I will...


1 comment: