Sunday, September 8, 2013

Memories...

September 8th...The whole month really, holds lots of memories for us McDonald's. September 8th was our Grandma's Birthday. In my mind, the day was often filled with fun times, family, yummy food, but most importantly, at least to Grandma -- CHOCOLATE!!! :D Okay, maybe not MOST importantly, but if you knew my Grandma, it'd be pretty close. Aunt Laura often made a yummy torte with raspberries -- and I really need to get that recipe, because I've been hungry for it for awhile...but, I can't think of it, and not think of the celebrations of Grandma at which we enjoyed it. Grandma was an amazing woman, who loved her kiddos and grandkids to no end. She 'saved the day' at least once in my life, when I was about to be in huge trouble when my brothers & I stayed with our grandparents for a few days... Grandmas truly are special and I certainly miss both of mine!

Along with Grandma's birthday, comes the anniversary of PawPaw's home-going. Even though it's not until closer to the end of this month, it's been on my mind for weeks now. Lots of 'last times' memories, and memories in general. I certainly miss my Paw Paw... Not much more to really say, but how very thankful I am that I had such an amazing relationship with him. And, how grateful I am for my grandpa on the other side that taught me so much when I was younger. It's really neat how the Lord used one side of grandparents to influence me when I was younger, than another when I was older. How very blest  I am!

Also, although I never knew them... Brian/Bear talks of his grandparents too, and I hear neat stories from Mom & Dad Moreno. How I wish I could have met them... Our children are so blest by the incredible heritage on both sides of their family. 

"Thank you, Lord, for the generations before us who have impacted our lives, even those we never met. Cause us to remember how our choices today, will impact the next generation. May we make wise & Godly decision. Thank you for my/our grandparents!"

No comments:

Post a Comment