Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Swing Set - 1


Remember we gave the girls swings for Christmas? The Lord provided me with a sewing job, and the exact money I was paid, was the exact amount we needed to build the swing set for the girls. I was amazed how the Lord met that need. We couldn't have done this for the girls otherwise -- I'm truly, continually amazed how the Lord answers prayer, and provides even our desires! 


Steve came up and went with Brian to go get the lumbar for the project one day… I love Steve. :) Truly I do -- he's an awesome Brother. And, after this project, -- specifically, the getting the lumber part -- I love him even more. :D 


Brian called me while they were still gone…I suppose on the way home…to inform me, the windshield in the van now had,  as Aspen says 'a giant spider' on it… NOT a great picture, but, give you an idea. It was pretty big!! I'd encourage each of you, if you'll be bringing a 12 ft piece of lumbar home, use a truck, not your mini van. :) 


(I also greatly appreciate our other brother - Arnold - who helped us get the windshield replaced at a great deal!!! Gotta love ALL my brothers!!! One Moreno one helped break it, and another helped fix it -- doesn't get much better! :) Love you guys!)

Precious Eliana trying to figure everything out


Discerning where to place the swing set…it was amazing how the Lord worked that out too. Our backyard is very uneven -- but, we found 2 areas, the perfect length apart which were also perfectly level. Pretty incredible!




Aspen couldn't understand it wasn't time for the swings yet…she brought both outside to be hung up…


Brian got busy digging the first 3 ft deep hole… 


The Steve came and dug the other…while Jason marked and worked out all the logistics and everything needed to make this a reality.



The hole…


Manual Labor…lol…it was an ongoing joke throughout the afternoon…Steve did a great job!


Jason certainly made all this a reality!! He definitely knew what he was doing. We are VERY grateful he didn't mind coming to help with this major project. And, he was so patient with Aspen, and let her help him mark the spot for the swings…



 Thumbs up from Brian!


Brothers….trouble makers…windshield breakers…hard workers!! :)

Using the new drill


Yay!!! It's level! Amazing...

See that big, excited smile?!


Now to mix/pour the concrete, mount the decorative pieces, seal the wood, and hang the swings!

1 comment: