Saturday, March 1, 2014

Aspen's LadyBug's!

We were able to do a little get together for Aspen for her 3rd birthday. She wanted a ladybug theme! Why ladybug, I don't know, but it's what she chose, so that's what we did. I did research and lots of google-ing...and talking to different mom's getting ideas, and opinions concerning this party. 

Her Cake


Aunt Bekah brought a kite to fly.

We played 'pin the dot on the ladybug'...




Granny came over a few days before the party, and helped me make black & red playdough for the kids to make ladybugs from as a game. (Note to other mom's - use gloves when making black playdough!)


It was fun seeing the variety of creativity concerning playdough ladybugs!



Nanny time!





Even Uncle Rub got in on the fun



The Escobar's made a lovebug-ladybug... even more creativity!


Aspen was blest with some sweet & thoughtful gifts too!




Okay Ya'll...this is the game I was SOOO excited about, and Brian thought I was crazy! The very first game I discovered online was with live ladybugs - you release them, and allow the kids to catch them...and my thoughts -- then they have a fun party favor! So, I shopped for these little bugs....online I could get 300(!) for $5.00 OR... 1,550 for $5.99. (lol!) Being the crazy, gotta have the best deal type of person....I decided we needed more for our money, 1,550 live ladybugs were delivered to my mailbox on the Thursday before her party on Monday. Now, the processing/shipping was a couple days faster than I'd anticipated...I was already concerned I'd kill the bugs before the party, but now I was REALLY concerned. I prayed long and hard for those tiny bugs to make it! (I kinda figured, that surely I couldn't kill ALL of them in 4 days!) Well...prayers were answered! The day of the party, we still had all the ladybugs! And, this game was BY FAR the best one! I only wish I'd of gotten better pictures! (my photographer was there though, and I'm sure she snapped some good ones!)










Eliana had as much ladybug fun as she could handle!




After we cleaned everything up, we went to dinner and got hamburgers...and there was even a ladybug on Aspen's hot dog basket...whether or not the bug was on her or at the restaurant already we'll never know...  Uncle Ruben gave Aspen a dollar to ride the car.




No comments:

Post a Comment