Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy *late* Thanksgiving

So....I'm a week late. I'm sorry. I've had goof intentions to post each day, but have had a heavy heart, and just haven't felt like I had the right words.

This Thanksgiving was, one that won't be soon forgotten. Not because of anything super incredible, but more the gratitude & love I had for my family. Various situations caused me to dig deep, and see life from a different perspective. I was so grateful for those who founded America years ago, yet, my gratefulness was focused more on the present, and how the Lord is continually watching over & guiding us. How, even our darkest days or hardest nights are still blessings often in disguise. (I love Laura Story's song, Blessing!!!)

Thanksgiving Day, was fun...Brian & I got up, and while I was finishing getting ready, he & "the sweets" watched the beginning of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Then, we loaded up, dropped my contribution to the McDonald meal off, and were on our way to Galveston. We were able to finish the parade there, and enjoy some extra special family time together. We were SO excited to have all the local family around "one" table...or almost around one table. :) The first picture is of Mom Moreno's pretty table before we all sat down. I knew it'd get crazy, so I snapped a picture early.

Around 4:30 or so we left the Moreno's and headed to the McDonald's. Dinner was to be at 5, but the turkey wasn't cooperating and wasn't through cooking yet. I think we ate around 6...that was after I was informed that they couldn't get the Royal Icing to work for holding the Gingerbread Noah's Ark together...we'd prepared the pieces on Monday, and the girls were to help Mom on Thursday "glue" it together. Well, since the icing was too thick, and I wasn't there to help, they really did glue it together; hot glued! Lol it was cute! :) The second picture is of the McDonald spread!

After dinner, we looked at Black Friday Ad's...Aspen enjoyed looking through them too, or at least spreading them out! We decided we'd brave the crowd & go to walmart at 10:00. We left our girls with Mom & Dad, then off Joshua, Rebekah, Suze, Brian & I went. We found a blu-ray we were looking for, but that was it. We were going to get Despicable Me, but Brian decided $9 wasn't worth it...lol We settled for Megamind on DVD & The Blind Side on Blu-Ray for $5 each. Not bad! The outing was worth it, and lots of fun! Thanks for the memory everyone who was involved. Yep! Even Suze, who tried to get run over.... Lol ;D love ya girl!

It was a special Thanksgiving, yet throughout the day my thoughts, heart, & prayers continually turned to dear friends struggling, whose day wasn't as joyful. Yet, they too are so blest, which is such a good reminder during tough days. "Thank you Lord, for blessings, visible, joyful ones & also trial blessings, as You have a special, planned out purpose for each one..."

1 comment: