Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wrapping up Nashville

The Lord answered many more prayers, and the remaining 1/2 of the Nashville trip was great. I am so very thankful to Grace & Kristin who were amazing the entire week. Grace organized the whole conference and was the head teacher; Kristin was our wonderful assistant. Both of them are precious ladies who love the Lord. I am so very thankful that I had the honor to spend a week working with these dear friends. What a blessing & encouragement they were to me! Thank you ladies for allowing me to be a part of your team!

Aspen got a nice warm bath on Monday since I was feeling better after being sick & crazy busy on Saturday & Sunday. Then, she enjoyed her yummy avocado...Aspen does not like, and will not eat jarred/prepackaged babyfood. I don't blame her. So, on one of our trips to walmart, I picked up some fresh fruits & avocados. She was much happier. Then, she was super excited to be on the airplane, going home to Daddy & her Sandie dog. The Lord worked out the flights perfectly! (Why am I surprised?!) I was planning to check her carseat at the gate, but when we were boarding both flights, I was told the flight wasn't full, that I could use a seat & buckle Aspen up. Yay! That was really neat to me. Freed up my hands, and, I knew she was safer, even though she wasn't necessarily happier.

Sandie was very happy we were back home. She could once again roam the house, sleep on the coach, and snuggle under the blanket...vs being locked in the laundry while Brian was at work. Thank you to Mom who so graciously had a heart for poor Sandie & dropped by the house and let her out occasionally. :) And, it also meant she could eat more! You can tell she lost weight. She's finicky like that! She won't eat much while I'm gone; we're fatting her up again now though...even Aspen. Sandie has discovered that patience while sitting by Aspen's highchair during meal time pays off.....

Okay...hopefully I'll post again tomorrow on everything that's happened since we got home. I'm having a very hard time keeping up with my life...since the end of September, I've lived in a whirlwind. I'm SO thankful we have a while week off next week and that the Holidays are nearly here. For you, that probably means craziness, it does for me too, but honestly, I see a slower paced schedule! Crazy! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine why you've been so busy these last few weeks! :D lol. So grateful for the Lord's goodness to me in sending you as an amazing teacher and cheerleader. I don't think we could have made it without you. Praying for you as you settle back into "normal" life again.
    --Grace

    ReplyDelete