Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nashville - 1/2 Way

Aspen & I are currently in Nashville. This is the week I'm teaching PLSC (professional labor support course) to a new group of young ladies. The conference started Wednesday. I left my sweet husband early Tuesday morning. He's so sweet to share me. The conference has been going good, but not without challenges, that's for sure. Aspen has been an incredible trooper, and I truly believe she's looking forward to seeing her Daddy & sleeping in her own bed on Wednesday night! :)

I think it was Thursday...I was holding Aspen, after she woke up from her morning nap, and she began to get sick. :( Poor thing, she "lost it" probably 8 or so times. :( She was able to sleep 5 hours that afternoon, and has seemed much better since; with the exception of a semi runny nose. Early Saturday morning (Fri night) it hit me. I was "out if service" most all day Saturday, and ONLY by God's grace & strength I was able to teach my session that evening. During my class, my fellow staff members & one student began coming down with it. It has certainly been a crazy weekend. I truly believe we are facing major spiritual warfare. I greatly covet your prayers as we press on to fulfill our purpose here. It's only in His strength we can face & stand against "the wiles of the devil." This is not how I thought our Sunday would be, but it hasn't taken my Lord by surprise, and He is in control, knowing what is best. Thank you for your prayers! Enjoy the pictures & video of our precious "Brooks." (She started playing peek-a-boo all on her own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment