Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moreno Birthday Party

We celebrated all the January Birthdays in the Moreno Family on Monday at Mom & Dad Moreno's house. It was so fun! We chose to celebrate early since our brother Steve was home from CA for the holidays. Brian's & my sister's birthday is on January 4th, just like mine! :D So, we celebrated with Chicken Mole, Beans, Rice, and Hummingbird Cake. Guess what I had the privilege to make?! Lol... Mom McDonald's hummingbird cake is way better, but, it wasn't too bad for my first try at it. ;) Aspen obviously loved it...

Since this was Aspen's first, 1st birthday party, I let her wear my tiara from our wedding. I'm not real big on the whole "princess thing", but I thought it was just TOO cute! This was Aspen's first taste of anything sweet...we've tried really hard to make sure to keep sugar away... When I made her little cake, and frosted it, I let her stick her little finger in it - just a little. Wish I had that on video... She loved the cream cheese frosting & cake. :) We all knew she really loved it when she licked her plate! (oh...and, no, I didn't let her eat the whole thing...just the top.)

Thank you Mom & Dad, Roni & Jason, Steve, Marisa, Jerea & kiddo's for making our birthday SO special. Aspen & I can't wait to go spend the gift cards y'all gave us. Happy Birthday Roni! I think we should celebrate all month! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment