Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rain!!!

Yay for the rain! Praise the Lord! We got somewhere around 4 1/2 inches in a couple hours on Tuesday. Our streets haven't flooded since our house was built, so it was a fun new thing for me here. At my parents home the street flooded ALL THE TIME, so I'm used it. When we were little sometimes we were allowed to play in the street water when the sun came back out...now, I can't believe we would do that! But, it was fun, and a great memory...especially after TS Allison. Fun times... lol Anyway, our home was no where near to flooding, but after that, I think if Galveston or anywhere slightly south gets a hurricane with lots of rain we might would flood... Just something to keep in mind. So thankful "they" make flood insurance..........

And, yes, I know...I need to take down my Christmas flag. I did, after it stopped raining. :) Hopefully I'll remember to put my valentines one out soon...

(The first two pictures are from the front door, and the last is from the garage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment