Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Beach!!!

At the beginning of last week, my oldest brother, Joshua, organized a McDonald Family Beach Day. We have many email conversations planning out day. I was SO excited to take Aspen, I had a feeling she would love it; and she did. Joshua & his family got to Stewart Beach early to reserve a great spot, and get set up. We were able to pull right up and park. It was so nice! I didn't even take my bag out of the trunk, because we were so close. (we typically go to a different beach were we walk a little bit away from the car.) It was a bit over cast, thus almost cool with the wind, but that didn't slow the girls down from playing in the water!!! They LOVED it! I didn't take Aspen to the water right away, because I thought she might get cold from the breeze, but, after playing in the sand for awhile, she spotted a bird (in the water) and decided to go check it out. She walked over and into the ocean with the determination to see that bird! She didn't exactly like the little waves, and couldn't figure them out, but being closer to the bird made it worth it. (silly girl!) Eventually, Annabel & Alyssa came & played in the water with Aspen, which she really enjoyed. I don't have any water pictures on my phone... :( They're all on my real camera. Aspen really, really enjoyed the sand. I think it may have reminded her of the dirt from the backyard... :) She played, and played, and ate some, and then played more in it. I honestly am not sure how much sand she consumed, Rebekah guessed probably around a Tablespoon. I just prayed against any yucky germs. :) I assume the grittiness of it didn't bother her, due to her only having 3 1/2 teeth. :) The fun day absolutely wore my little girl out...she was asleep pretty quickly after getting rinsed off and into her car-seat.

Joshua grilled some yummy burgers for lunch, and we enjoyed just being together at the beach. Thank you Joshua, Rebekah, Mom & Dad for a great beach day! We greatly missed Caleb & Becky...looking forward to planning another day soon so they can go too. Oh... :) Brian too!!!! :)

Thank you also to Uncle Ruben for the cute yellow Cr0cs. Those are the best! So versatile!! :) I thought the waves would've washed them off Aspen's feet, but they stayed on. :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute, I wish I could go spend the day at the beach, we went for a walk today and nearly got blown away. It is supposed to be nice this weekend though. Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete