Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day was a fun one this year. My husband spoiled me(details to follow), and I was able to spend time with both my Mom's. After a crazy morning at church, we headed to Joshua & Rebekah's house for lunch. Arrangements had been made for the guys, plus Suze (Rebekah's sister), to prepare our food. Brian grilled yummy chicken, Dad did the crescent rolls (lol), and Joshua cooked up some delicious squash & asparagus. Suze made delicious mashed potatoes & layered dessert. Since Caleb & Becky couldn't make it (:() I made the salad. It was a really sweet time of fellowship & honoring Mama!

Next, Brian, Aspen & I headed to Galveston to honor Mom Moreno. The highlight (apart from getting ice cream at Sonic ;)) was watching Nanny & Popo help Aspen feed the birds. Aspen absolutely LOVED it!!! We were out there for quite a while. They fed them all the bread they could, then Dad went inside & came back with popcorn. Aspen helped Nanny by picking some up to throw to the birds, but, I think she held it too long, thus forgetting it was for the birds and ended up eating it herself. Silly girl... It was such a special evening!

Brian absolutely floored me this year. When he slightly mentioned a few days before Mother's Day that he had a plan, I was proud of him, but didn't expect anything, just in case whatever it was fell through. Then, on Saturday (before MD) all our plans canceled, so we went out to lunch, then dropped by my parents for just a short visit, and he decided to go shopping with Daddy. I asked no questions. :) We finally made it back to our house. After getting the baby to bed, and doing a few things, Brian convinced me to sit down for a few minutes. He then goes and gets this big bag and says, "I can't wait til tomorrow." He's too cute. (I was proud of him that he wrapped the gift!) I pulled out the cute, pink tissue paper to find a brand new camera! Yay!!!!! I had just told him earlier that mine was on the brink. He said he decided it'd be the perfect Mother's Day present since I wanted a new one to take picture of our family! He's so thoughtful! :) Brian spoiled me tremendously. It's a 16.2 megapixel camera, with touchscreen. :D Unfortunately, the pictures here, are still from my phone, but I promise you, I took LOTS with my new camera. Then! On Sunday, after church, Brian gave me another gift. I had wanted to order these really cool, reusable bags from Pampered Chef for our Mom's, but the idea was kinda shot down. Instead, Brian ordered me one, and our consultant got my name embroidered on it too! :) So sweet and thoughtful. I'll have to post a picture of the bag. It's really cool! (Thanks DeAnna!!!)

Thank you my love for making Mother's Day so special. Just being with our little one was wonderful! The gifts was icing on the cake. :) I'm so thankful to the Lord for such a precious family. He has blest me so far beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment