Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting Ready...

Many of you have probably wondered in the past few weeks if my family is going on the annual trip to Colorado. Well, I can officially say "Yes"! The Lord has again provided for us to go on vacation this year...He even threw in an added bonus!!! Lower gas prices!!! I prayed months ago that He'd provide the gas money, and maybe even lower the price. I must confess it was with little faith I asked for the lower prices, but we did nonetheless. When I heard unleaded was around $3.07 a gallon, I was reminded of the Lord's love & provision, even in the small things. (For those of you in the oil business....I really am sorry for y'all that it went down...) :)

Anyway...we are going this year, and at super excited. This year will be different...I've never taken a little one up there myself...it'll be a fun adventure. So, since we still plan to do some hiking, Joshua & Rebekah were sweet to share their backpack/kid-carrier with us. :) Aspen & I tried it on for size. She seemed to really like it. We wore it walking that night, and it was great! I was glad to take it off by the time we finished, but I think Aspen would've "hung out" longer if needed. :) I don't have pictures, but this morning I wore Aspen on my back in our BabyHawk for our walk. (The Babyhawk is a very cool baby carrier, that can be worn various ways.) I definitely enjoyed carrying her in it, way more than the backpack. It was lighter, and not near as heavy or bulky. We'll probably be taking both with us, as Aspen didn't seem to enjoy it as much...it was as roomy...I'm hoping it was the heat & humidity that won't be an issue in CO. ;D

1 comment:

  1. Wow... $3.07 for gas? Good thing you don't live up here in Washington! Ours just went "down" to 3.75. ;-)

    I enjoy your posts!

    ~Galena

    ReplyDelete