Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 6th

June 6th is the anniversary date that my PawPaw Strait went home to be with the Lord. This isn't the grandpa who passed way last year, but rather my Mom's dad, who passed away in 1998, I believe. June 6th will always be etched in my mind, and heart, just as Sept. 23rd, and other special days. Because it is, I usually try to do something special for Mom on this day so it's not quite as sad or long. Usually is a shopping excursion, but this year, we made it a bit low-key. We did do some shopping locally, then we headed back to Mom McDonald's for a fun lunch, consisting of delicious Chicken Salad Sandwiches, garden fresh tomatoes & cucumber (not our garden! Lol), and chips. :) Aunt Laura was in the area, so she popped by and added a extra dose of "specialness". The original plan was for the granddaughters to have a water day, and make homemade ice cream. The water day didn't quite happen, but the ice cream did! :D

Aspen LOVES ice. I know, not the safest thing for her to enjoy. We do watch yer closely though, so please don't worry. :) After the ice cream had "frozen", I gave in and let Aspen had the leftovers off the ice cream maker paddle. Mmmmmmmm! Hope you enjoy the pictures, as much as she did the ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. My girlies love ice too, i am glad it is not just them.

    ReplyDelete