Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

July 4th!!! Whoohooo!!!! Not only is it our National Independance Day, it's my 1/2 birthday!!! Lol Ok, so that's a little corny, and the fireworks really aren't for me, but I made you smile! Mission accomplished! :D

Today was great. I really struggled last week as I anticipated today. I've always been either on vacation or packing to go on this day, so I didn't know what to expect. Mama encouraged M's to just pray about where we should be...so I did, knowing He'd show us. The Lord allowed us to have several exciting invitations to celebrate at, and we ended up have a nice, relaxing, slow day. Our friend Ruben (best man @ wedding)came down from Cy-fair and then we went to a park to meet to meet up with some church friends where we had pizza & a little ice cream competition, along with fun fellowship. Brian & I made ice cream which turned to custard ice cream. Lol The ladies named it "All American..." something...lol I can't remember now. I was up
against 3 other yummy ice creams. We won best testure, while the triple vanilla & grape-nut cream won flavor. (mine was amaretto FLAVORED with Reeses peanut butter cups...no liquer. :)) One of the judges doesn't like amaretto flavor. Brian liked it, and that's all that matters to me. We came home, then went to our sister Roni's for dinner with the Moreno's. Jason grilled some scruptious steaks. After some sweet fellowship we headed back home for more time with Ruben, and a relaxing evening together. To top it off...Brian wanted to play a board game with me, so we stretch out on the floor, grabbed some blankets & nutty trail mix, turned on the iPod and had a wonderful evening spending quality time together. I've got the best husband! :) The Lord answered my prayers...He abundantly blest today beyond my wildest imagination. "Thank you Lord, for our country, my family, and a extra special day together."

Can you tell Aspen's teething?! :) She's chomping on those fingers because she has 2 bottom teeth bumping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment