Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simply Thoughts...

It's Wednesday. In our Moreno household, that means house-cleaning day. Just like Monday means laundry & grocery story day.  But, today is different...even though the couch in piled high with clean laundry to be put away or folded, and the house hasn't been cleaned in a week, or the simple fact that there's plenty that needs to be done...I decided all that could wait; that Aspen and I were going to put everything on hold, and spend the day with "Daddy". When was the last time you dropped everything, and spent the day with your husband, or someone special? My husband would rather the house be a mess, and us with him, than to miss time being together. What are your priorities? Does your husband know that he is more important to you than anything or one else? Does he know you cherish the time you spend with him?

I've been thinking alot the past day or so about the type of atmosphere I promote in our home. I desire it to be one of peace, but do I really do that? It's not always the easiest thing to do...especially when dinner's almost done, the baby is ready to eat, the dog is begging for anything to drop on the floor, the phone ringing or vibrating, and your husband walks through the door, ready to be greeted with his daily kiss and "welcome home!". Peaceful?! Not to me ,necessarily, but that's the perfect opportunity to create a peaceful atmosphere...it obviously doesn't just happen. So! I challenge you ladies, and even men (if you're reading this), CREATE an atmosphere of peace. It'll make your evening or day at home with your family far more enjoyable than hectic and rushed. :) And, take some time to spend with each other...whatever it is, it can wait!

And, just incase your not married and you read this...instead of a spouse, try applying these thoughts to a parent, sibling, friend, grandparent...anyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good, no, EXCELLENT advice, Meagen! You are wise to be conscious of this so early in your marriage. And it is a great reminder to me too.
    I love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete