Saturday, October 29, 2011

Engagement Party

Today was one of my sweet friends' Engagement Party. Suze, my sister-in-love Rebekah's sister, has just recently gotten engaged. I am so excited for her! I know she & her fiancée Nick would covet your prayers as they prepare to & begin their life together.

I had the honor & privilege to help Rebekah with a few last minute details, and do the cake. (btw, Joshua helped a ton too, and is an incredible orange slicer & arranger! I was very impressed!) The cake just about "ate my lunch" yesterday as I was working on it; and thank you everyone who prayed me through. I knew when I saw the weather forecast for Friday that it was going to affect my fondant---it always does. The Lord once again reminded me that I can't do things in my own strength, and it must glorify Him. He truly brought this cake together!!! Praise Him!!!! It's not perfect, but by His grace, it was together. I didn't eat any of it, but most people said it tasted good...again, praise the Lord! On a side note, I typically don't eat my own cake...I think by the time I serve it, I'm so sick of it, the cake no longer sounds appetizing...kinda strange, I know.

I wish I'd gotten a picture of Rebekah chocolate dipped strawberries! Wow!!!! She had some plain ones, sprinkled dipped ones, pecan dipped, white-choc, or milk & dark choc! They were gorgeous! If you ever need any, definitely order them from her!

1 comment:

  1. The cake is gorgeous! I saw a pic of it on Rebekah's facebook and LOVED it. Now that I know who made it I love it even more ;)

    ReplyDelete