Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tuesday Date Night

We typically try to go on a date once a month...often times on the 19th. This year, our dates have been quite sporadic and even skipped. On Tuesday, Brian was actually getting to come home early (6:00) so we decided to seize the opportunity. Our niece Marisa came and sat with Aspen, and we had a nice even. Brian took me to the first place we went to together as a couple...a cute little Chinese restaurant in League City, Jade Garden. It's nice, the food usually great, and prices reasonable...esp during the lunch hour. :) It was nice to have some time out, and be able to visit about things we never get to talk about because of day-to-day life. :)

One of the things we discussed is the incredible opportunity the Lord has opened the door for me to do next month. As many of you know, I've been trained and certified through MTIA (Medical Training Institute of America) to be a Labor Support Professional or, more commonly known as a Doula/Birth Coach. (it's someone who assists expectant couples prenatally, during labor & delivery, and postpartum.) Being a Doula has been a passion of mine, and I LOVE the opportunity to serve expectant families... Anyway, since I've become a wife & mommy, my "doula-ing" has been put on the side, but if someone contacts me, I prayerfully consider & serve then as I can. :) Last Sunday I received an email from a friend who is also a doula. She has taken over the course & conference we received our certification through. Long story shorter... :)...MTIA was in need of someone to help Grace teach the Professional Labor Support Course (PLSC) to this years class. The Lord continued to lay my name on her heart, so Grace contacted me to see if there was anyway I could help. After the Lord working in amazing ways, and leading incredibly, I'll be flying to Nashville next month to help teach & train young ladies to better serve our Lord through being a Labor Support Professional. I am thrilled & honored to be considered for such an opportunity, and excited that the Lord is working it out. I covet your prayers over the next month as we prepare for this intense week of training. Please be specifically praying the Lord would be glorified, lesson taught & prepared perfectly for those attending, and the many other details that go into a week of craziness. :)

So....that was a huge part of our dinner date...figuring out if I should & could go. :) And, for those of you wondering, Aspen will be going with me. Pray that the Lord will help her that week, and provide someone to help w/ her or that she'd just be happy to play quietly by herself in a pack 'n play. :) And, pray for my sweet husband as he'll be all alone.

With all that being said...if my posting slows down the next month, it's because I'm studying. The conference is Nov. 2-9th. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment