Monday, February 25, 2013

My Valentine

Valentine's is very special in my family, because it was my Granny Strait's birthday - and - then she passed away on the day after. Mom McDonald & I usually do something special in memory of Granny. This year, I was home with my sweet family, and Mom was in San Antonio with Daddy at TMEA. Brian made me a special breakfast, which was very, very good! Mrs. Natalie came by for our 2/3 day check up. Eliana was jaundice, so we spent time in the sun that afternoon. We tried napping, but Aspen needed extra help with staying in her room for naptime. It was a beautiful, sunny day, so I spent some time sitting on the back porch, enjoying it while texting with a friend, & having a listening ear out for Aspen. After naptime, Brian, Aspen & Sandie went outside to play in the field across the street. I didn't expect anything for valentine's...but Brian surprised me abundantly.

After playing outside, Brian & Aspen came in...then Brian decided we'd order some pizza for dinner - which is pretty special for us to do. He also ordered my favorite kinda, which was extra sweet of him. He showered, and came out dressed in dress slacks, shirt, and a tie. I was shocked - he said he wanted to look nice for me, and the fact that I couldn't get all dressed up made it even more fun for him. (so thoughtful!) Off he went to get the pizza - it was quicker to pick it up, than to wait for it to be delivered. Aspen, Eliana, and I hung out, waiting for Daddy to come back home. When he did, he not only had the yummy pizza, but he had also picked up some pretty roses for me!!! He made a little salad, and we sat down to our special valentine's dinner. It was so fun enjoying it all together! After dinner, he made delicious smoothies, then he began searching online for a movie we could watch together. As it downloaded, he played some music, and danced with the girls. It was SO sweet. Afterwards, we put Aspen to bed, then started them movie, which I'd never seen. He thought it all out!!! He even meant to get the sparkling grape juice out of the fridge too, but forgot. He was so sweet & thoughtful. It meant alot to me that he made the evening so special!

Our Dinner & My Roses 

Aspen & I

My Handsome Valentine -- And my roses :)

 Dancing with Daddy


And Sister...

Eliana Dancing with Daddy

Sweet Smiles

Watching our Movie

Eliana in her bed while we watched our movie

 Thank you my love for such a special Valentine's Date Night. I truly think it was one of the best dates we've had, even with both the girls there!

No comments:

Post a Comment