Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Preparing for Baby Girl #2

The other night we were finally able to begin working the Baby's room - as a couple. I've been working in it, along with my sweet Mom McDonald who helped me COMPLETELY go through everything. Baby's room will be our current guest room...which was pretty much 'my' room from my parents house, just in my house now. SO, that means...storage for all my cake decorating stuff, plus odd & ends that I had in my 'old' room. We had to clean out under the bed (where I stored all my cake pans), the closet - my purses/bags, wrapping, containers full of stuff from my room, the chest of drawers - lol!! Lots of picture frames/pictures, cds, fun stuff, the vanity - junk - also known as my treasures. :D So, Mom McDonald gave up a Saturday & helped me go through it all - which lead to MANY rabbit trails of organization like the garage and my bedroom closet to make room for all the stuff we moved out of the Baby's room. Fast forward a week, and skip over the fact that I broke down the double bed, and moved it upstairs by myself (minus the box springs & mattress) ;), and here we are, a fun couple working on the baby crib....while listening to the other one cry in the other room because she knew we were so close. 

Can you see pitiful Aspen? She was standing at her doorway just crying!!!


I made us fruit smoothies to enjoy while we worked...my attempt at a healthy dessert. :D

Yay!!! Putting the crib together!

Aspen testing it out for baby girl. I'll have to post some pictures once I get the room finished. It's still a work in progress. We need to remove the vanity - all though I did do the bed, that was in pieces, but the vanity is a bit more than I'm willing to try - plus I don't want to mess it up. :)


So...we finished the crib, gathered our items, turned off the light & opened the door to leave the room. Aspen wasn't asleep as she should have been, thus she quickly opened her door. We instantly jumped back (in opposite directions) so she wouldn't see us - but the door was now open...Brian was behind the door, and I was across the room from him. Aspen stood in her doorway asking, "Mama, Daddy in rooms? In rooms, Mama - Daddy?" After asking this several times, she pauses, made a "ahhhh!!" sound and said, "Daddy! I so proud of you!!! I so proud of you Daddy! Beds!!! I so proud of you Daddy, beds!!!" She obviously saw the crib assembled and expressed her excitement. Brian, of course, melted...and we decided to come out of hiding. Which, is how Aspen got to test the crib out for baby sister. :)

1 comment: