Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Wedding...

We were SOOO excited about Mandy & Ruben's wedding. Mandy has been my 'big sis' for almost forever, and Ruben has been Brian's 'bro' (and now mine too) forever too. We were thrilled for these two individually & together. I tried getting pictures of the special day, but it seems pretty much impossible between juggling our two girls, and caring for the cake. 

Mandy asked me to do their cake for them...and I was/am truly honored. I feel as if it was probably the worst wedding cake I've done, but at the same time, I was very pleased with it. There were lots of new aspects to this cake I had never done before... I ended up very pleased with it...Praise the Lord for pulling it all together!!

It looked better in person, and at a distance, than I thought it did up close and in a picture. :) Hopefully the wedding photographer got a better picture than I did. I seem to only see the flaws... Thank you Mandy & Ruben for the opportunity to do this for ya'll! The Lord taught me lots of lessons through your cake, and I'm so grateful! 

The Best Man -- and I really mean, the BEST man :)


Enjoying the yummy pizza & cookies after the rehearsal


The cake...lots of pics so hopefully one will look decent...

Before the flowers...



And after... the lighting was really hard... the background was yellow, not pink... 



Thank you to everyone who prayed me through this cake!! And, Mandy, you were, and still are, beautiful!! Ya'll wedding was so worshipful and lovely!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your for working through your fear and finding out what works for you! The cake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete