Monday, October 7, 2013

Bubbles.....

Okay... All moms, and even people who aren't mom's yet, we all KNOW that when Mom is on the phone, the kids take advantage. Well, Aspen has done this to me, but I hadn't had both the girls 'gang' up on me -- until the bubble day.

I was on the phone, talking 'business' with my sweet friend and fellow doula in SC when... Aspen asked to play with the bubbles. I told her 'outside', and set it up for her to do so. A few minutes later, I realized she was blowing bubbles in the kitchen. I do let her do that on occasion, and being on the phone, didn't want to deal with it, so I gave her 'the look', and let her continue on. Now, while I was talking, I was also making cookie bars for our trip to Dallas... I was literally, fixing to pour the batter into the bowl, when I saw Aspen had moved on from the bubble, but left the bottle of liquid on the floor, close to the back door. I looked, and found Eliana over in the living room, thus I knew I had time to pour the batter & scoop up the bottle before Eliana discovered it. Well, I'm not completely sure what happened, but the next thing I heard was "Eliana! NO Ma'am, no ma'am Eliana!" Aspen was reprimanding E, so as I was pouring this batter, I turned & found E sitting in a huge puddle of soapy bubbles...she was quite fascinated...and she tried figuring the consistency out  - she kept trying to crawl but would slip, then she'd try to sit up, and would slip. So, I laughed, continued talking to my friend, and began cleaning up the mess. I stripped Eliana of her dress, and took her to the bathroom to finish getting cleaned up. Meanwhile, Aspen stripped herself of her clothes, and began rolling in the bubble puddle. When I came back, she was running from the back door to the front, slipping as she went. I cleaned up the rest of the bubbles, then got E dressed. Next, I discovered that Aspen had found a 32 oz pump bottle of soap I had on the table to go to my bathroom, and she was pumping it, then running & and slipping and sliding even more... I fixed that issue, only to turn around and see Aspen pour the remaining bubble liquid out of the bottle onto the floor... At which point, I had to dismiss myself from my phone call and tend to my sweet, but crazy child. :) ....and ultimately, get my cookie bar batter into the pan and oven!!!!

Lesson of the day = too many to list, but Dad McDonald said, "just don't talk on the phone." :D

The beginning stages...










It was quite the fiasco... Frustrating, but fun. I like to think maybe my floor got cleaned, but ultimately, I think it only became sticky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment