Thursday, September 8, 2011

3-Day Weekend!!!

I. Love. 3-Day. Weekends!!! Not necessarily the Tuesday after, but the Fri-Mon is usually lots of fun. Our Labor Day weekend started off with a bang as we had the football game. After half-time, I came home, and put "the sweets" to bed. Once she was down, I started watering the trees since in was "my" time to. (we are under mandatory water conservation) So, while the trees we're getting water, I started making Daddy's ice cream for our McDonald gathering. :) It turned out really good...through much prayer! And, assistance from my Mom earlier that day. It was a little soft, but froze nicely once it got to the freezer.

We all slept in Saturday morning. Brian went and got Aspen out of bed when she woke up...after she was fed, I let her play on the floor in our room. She discovered the spring doorstops...too cute! (see picture above) We crawled out of bed, and it was off to a busy day with church youth activities, which we were honored to have our nephew Jerea join us for! :) That evening, we enjoyed a Labor day celebration with my family. Daddy grilled yummy burgers, and Mama made the best onion rings!!! I love that dinner! Def. a favorite of mine!!! Aspen ate her apple & some of her carrots. We had a sweet time of fellowship as a family, but GREATLY missed Caleb & Becky. :( They couldn't come Sat., and the rest of us couldn't do Monday...major bummer! Hopefully we'll have another chance to get together soon. Rebekah brought fun waffle bowls & ice cream cones to go with the homemade ice cream for dessert...Mmmm! It was fun. Brian, Aspen & I lost track of time and didn't get home Til super late. Thank you Mom & Dad for a great evening!

Sunday was busy...Brian was a sweetheart & took care of something special for me...I'm saving that for another post. We were able to meet up with the Moreno's at Brian's sister & brother-in-laws home. Jason grilled some delicious pork ribs & pico de gallo sausage for us...Roni seasoned the ribs perfectly!!! They make a great cooking team! Mom & Roni made the best mashed potatoes (w/ my fav toppings), along with Spanish rice & green beans to finish up the sides. Oh! And stuffed jalapeños!!! (my mom made some on Sat too!!) Both families grilled them, and I LOVED them!!! :D Nothing but dessert beats anything wrapped with bacon, stuffed with cheese. Lol!!! (ok, that's a bit extreme, but at least you know I enjoyed them!) We really enjoyed the time with Brian's family. We are SO blest to have such dear family so close, on both sides! Thank you Jason, Roni, Mom & Dad for our Moreno Labor day celebration!!! We really enjoyed it!!! :)

Monday was a roller-coaster. We had plans, then they changed, a couple times. We ended up just having a nice relaxing day. Brian went to the driving range so he could think about band stuff & pray about more stuff. He says swinging the club(s) helps him clear his mind & focus. Aspen took a good morning/afternoon nap, then we ran some errands, payed bills, and ended up back home in time for some leftover brisket & sides. We got Aspen to bed, and curled up with ice cream and a Narnia movie (Voyage of the Dawn Treader). It was nice to be together & not stressed. Thank you Lord for my family! Immediate and extended.

Speaking of my family...I have distant extended family who have lost their home by the fire in East Texas. Be praying for them please, and that they could come to know the Lord in a personal and real way through this. My Great Uncle who is 90 and his family who lived with him are now in the hard process of getting things going to rebuild. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments earlier! Funny thing is I was thinking off and on today "I need to call Meagen and work out sometime to get together." How is next week looking for you?:) Sounds like you all had a great weekend. Can't believe I haven't seen little Miss in person yet! We need to plan I "play date", I know Little Man would love having someone his size to play with, he gets so excited to see babies at church.

    ReplyDelete