Sunday, September 25, 2011

(sigh)

You know how days seem to pass, but your life is at a stand-still? You can't seem to focus on anything...can't really sleep...low patience level...not much of a sense of time, date or day? That's pretty much how it is over here...well, at least for me. Everything is all blurry, and yet, I can feel & see the Lord's hand. It has been amazing today! I sang a solo in the ladies ensemble at church, and I knew I'd cry all through it, but the Lord helped me as I knew He would. PTL!!

We had some precious friends bring us dinner tonight after church. We invited them to join for dinner & dessert....it was such a sweet time. Exactly the encouragement I needed. Thank you SO much Chris & Naomy! They are so thoughtful, and have such a servants heart!!! They even offered to take Sandie for a few days this week so she won't have to be locked up for days...that's a very small thing if you don't have a dog, but it's huge if you do! It's a little thing, that is often overlooked, even by me, and it means so much that they did that for us. Maybe I'm just emotional, but I praise the Lord for our sweet friends who fed us physically, encouraged us spiritually & emotionally, and helped us in little ways - that mean SO much. I'm very grateful for all our family & friends who are supporting us during this tough time. I thank each of you from the very bottom of my heart.

The main purpose of this post...is to update y'all on the details honoring my Paw Paw. The visitation honoring Fredrick McDonald will be from 6-8 pm on Monday, September 26 at Baker Funeral Home in West Columbia. There will be a private graveside service at 10 a.m. on September 27th, and the Victory Service (Funeral) will be held at 2:30 p.m. at Columbia Methodist Church in West Columbia. We covet your specific prayers during these specific times...if you feel a need or desire, you're welcome to come to the visitation or/and Victory service. (please do not feel obligated!)

I've included a sweet picture of my bundle of joy...she was helping me do laundry last week. Thought it'd be a fun picture for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment