Friday, September 23, 2011

Tough Day....

Today was a hard, tough day...the first of several, I'm sure...for me, my family & other sweet friends. We received word today that my sweet Grandpa had gone home to be with His Lord. It came as quite the shock, and quite honestly, I still feel numb....reality is sinking in, but part of me doesn't want to believe it... It's selfish of me...I am SO excited for him! He's with the Lord!!! His battle on earth is over..no more pain...no tears, no suffering! Its where he's wanted to be, especially the last few years. But, my heart aches, and my tears flow freely...I wanted him here. Here to make me laugh & smile each Tuesday, and every time we talked...there to tell me all his cute jokes, and remind me of his love. There to encourage my husband as only a grandfather/retired band director could... Yes, it's selfish. Yet, on the other hand, I smile, knowing he is too, praising our Lord and worshiping The King. My Paw Paw was an incredible man, and I praise the Lord for each memory I have of him. We covet your prayers this weekend, coming week, and weeks to come as we press on... I want to ask special prayers for my dear Aunt Cindy, Aunt Laura & Daddy...My Great Aunt Ginger, and all the grandchildren (my cousins.)

I know Paw Paw wouldn't want us to be sad, but rather Praise the Lord for all He has and continues to do. Paw Paw had realized he was a sinner in need of saving, and accepted Christ as His personal Lord & Savior. When he did, his name was written by God in the Book of Life, and I know I'll see him again in Eternity. Will I see you? I hope & pray so!!! If you have ANY doubts, please contact us so we can share all the Lord has done for you, and you can spend Eternity in Heaven. We need to be ready to face death...you never know when your time is up...

3 comments:

  1. I am so for your pain of not having him here with you, but rejoicing that you well see him again one day.Praying for the Lord's comfort to surround you! Love, Lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Meagan, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I praise the Lord your grandfather was a believer and that the seperation is only temporary. May our gracious, loving Savior give you strength in the midst of grief. And may He use this loss to bring others to Himself. I am praying for you dear friend. Keep pressing on! --Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, friend. We were gone camping for the weekend so I didn't see it until now. Continuing to pray for you and your family...I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. What a blessing to know he is with Jesus! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete