Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebration!

On Saturday, we did something extra special that I have (very literally!) looked forward to for a whole year. :) We were able to attend First Baptist Houston's Christmas Production. Our great friend, more like Brother, is in the Orchestra (along with lots of other really good friends and even some in the choir- too many to name, I'm afraid I'd leave someone out!). Anyway, as our Christmas gift, Ruben bought us tickets to the Saturday afternoon performance; and, of course he got the best seats in the house because, "that's how he rolls." :-p We were able to go last year, and I enjoyed it SO SO much I couldn't wait for this year to come. It finally did, and I was disappointed to discover that a Brian had to work the day we had tickets for. So, Mom Moreno stepped up, and went with me. My parents were also able to go, and were sweet and allowed us to even ride with them!

The production was incredible, as I remembered. Some things weren't as impressive as last year, but some were even better. I'm already looking forward to next year. I'd buy tickets now for it if they were on sale. :) I love how they tell the story of Jesus; His lowly birth, and His life. I also love how the reference back to the Old Testament and the prophecy of Christ. Really makes one ponder on the Greatness of God, and how everything was so perfectly planned by Him. My absolute favorite part though, is when the Wise Men walk in. :) It's so majestic! They add incredible touches to help you imagine just what an honor those men bestowed upon my King. The whole production is so well planned, and performed. It had me laughing and nearly in tears as, once again, I was remind of Our Greatest Gift, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The funniest part...they had live animals, anything from sheep & goats to an elephant walking through the building. The actors were pretending to be walking through the streets of Bethlehem I believe, and goats & sheep were being led across the stage...one of the goats was nearly off stage, but decided it didn't want to walk any more; I could see how the actor was gently pulling it along, the goats legs locked...then the goat just sat down, and at that point really was gently drug off stage...I was probably one of the few that noticed, but it was so funny! You probably had to be there to appreciate it..... :)

A extra special thing...we got to see Amanda S. while we were there! I was SO thrilled to see her; she did an incredible job in the choir too!

Thank you Ruben for such a special outing! Best Christmas present for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment