Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas - part 1

Ok...I've tried posting these pictures, semi in order...but, I had to do so in separate posts since I can't send some many at once from my phone.

Christmas day was extra special. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of everything, but, I have some. We woke up, and headed to church; just in time for my ladies ensemble run-through, and Brian's impromptu trumpet run-through. Technically, we didn't male it for all of my practice, but, at least to some. :) Church was extra special, and it was nice being all together since I canceled nursery for the day. Brian was sweet & came with Aspen & I to the cry room when she began to be fussy. He also went and retrieved her left Paci from our pew. He's so good!

After church we had a mini-Christmas with our adopted parents at church. They spoiled us far more than needed! (and we loved every bit of it!) :) lol Especially, my personalized "thirty-one" purse! Thank you!!! :D

Next, we were home to do our Christmas, just the 3 of us! Yay! Aspen enjoyed playing with the paper as we helped her open her gifts. Too precious! Brian gave me a new charm for my bracelet that has "Aspen" engraved on it. Too sweet! We enjoyed our little family time together...it was just too short. Aspen went down for a fast nap, while I made sweet potatoes & macaroni and cheese for my family's Christmas lunch. While I was cooking, Brian was packing to spend the night with the Moreno's. He takes great initiative like that! We were off "to McDonald's" ;) pretty quickly, and running late, as it seems I often am now days. We walked in & everything looked so pretty & smelled delicious! Isn't the tree & presents just beautiful! I think Mom & Dad did a great job! It was fun for us kids to bring our gifts for each other and watch the pile grow as this picture is. We ate a yummy meal that was such a feast! I didn't even try everything, and my plate was far more than full. We joked that we need to get Mom bigger plates... Aspen enjoyed the special Mac & cheese I had made, her first ever! (thank you Great Granny!) She liked it so much, she licked the plate...but, before we ate, she was so hungry, she tried eating her plate. :) After lunch, we fellowshipped, and then exchanged gifts. Aspen loved playing with the wrapping paper some more. I was so proud of her; she was SO tired yet, not fussy! She crawled over to the window & just looked out while we were opening gifts. It was TOO cute...there's a couple pictures of her looking out... Mom & Dad spoiled all of us, yet again. They blessed me with a bread machine, Brian with golf clubs, and Aspen with books & fun little toys. We exchange names in our family among the siblings, and I received a gift card & the cutest salt & pepper shakers. :) The family time we had all together was so sweet! Mama made coffee & baked Alaska for dessert, Mmmmmm! :) It was fun being together, and watching the little girls play with their new American Girl Dolls, and the clothes Mama made for the dolls.

Caleb & Becky were able to come & join us and we had "Christmas" all over again. Once the gifts were all opened, and thank you's exchanged...Daddy shared some thoughts he'd been pondering on. He said PawPaw would've come up with some way each gift we received could be profitable & glorify the Lord. So, a little choked up, Daddy continued on to share his thoughts for each of the gifts he & Mama had given to us. They gave me a bread machine/maker and reminded me that Christ is The Bread of Life. How Special! I'm excited to use my bread machine and think of that each time. And as I serve those who eat at my table, and enjoy the homemade bread, I can share with them the true Bread of Life! Thank you Daddy & Mama!!

I am so very blest...it's not the gifts this Christmas that mean so much, but the givers, and love that came with them. All the way down to the felt Christmas decorations a "little" boy from church made for us. :) It's a sacrifice to give...sacrifice of time, money, energy... And, it's an investment in my life. How grateful I am for that sacrifice & investment. I want to be so specific, but know that I'd leave someone vitally important out... So, if you somehow invested in my life, at any point of my life, whether years past or now, or me directly or by blessing my little family, I thank you! Thank you for loving me, and blessing me beyond words. I truly am grateful for you. May our Lord bless you as richly as I have been blest.

No comments:

Post a Comment