Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our 2nd Anniversary

Can you believe we've been married two years already! It's crazy! We are sl blest.....!

Yesterday was such a special day! The Lord orchestrated everything so perfectly for us. Aspen slept in, this letting us sleep in too! Then, Brian made yummy Breakfast Burritos for us. There's a place in Galveston Mom & Dad Moreno buy what we call, Bronco Burritos from, so our burritos were jumbo size & just as (if not better!) than those. Mmmmmm! We had a lazy morning for the most part; then a sweet friend offered to keep Aspen so we could get out and do something fun together. So, Naomy & the boys came and played with "little miss" while Brian & I went to the driving(golf) range. Golfing is something Brian absolutely LOVES (!!!!) and I've been trying to figure it out so we'll have something else to do together. (yep! I have my own clubs - which are purple. I have pink & purple balls, and thanks to *Scrub, I have pink tees. :D) I've never used anything but the clubs since Brian's never taken me to anything but the range...lol...After yesterday though, he says I'm ready for a easy course. Yay! Lol We'll see...that could be very scary. :)

After the range, there were some things to be taken care of around the house...then it was time for our date night! :) We dropped "Baby Brooks" off at my parents, and went to our sentiment Italian restaurant for dinner. Zio's. It was delicious! I found a new dish I really like, and we enjoyed being together. I gave Brian the photobook I created for him of our Second Year. Next, we headed to The Galleria to go ice skating!!! Something I love to do, and haven't done in a couple years at least. We had a blast. Brian hadn't been since he was 8! I was so proud of him and how well he did. It meant a lot to me that he'd get out there and do that for me...something he really wasn't too keen on, but did it anyway. After skating we walked around the mall...going into just a handful of stores. My favorite was Payless (lol!) as I tried on quite the variety of shoes just to be silly. Brian probably enjoyed the Apple store more.... We left the mall and headed over to The Container Store. That was fun, and we saw lots of really cool organizing ideas. Next, Starbucks!!! :) Where we enjoyed a grande Peppermint Hot Chocolate (that was watery lol) and a slice of lemon pound cake, both of which we shared. Brian "dr-ed up" the cocoa with cinnamon & vanilla... It was nice to sit and just be together. We had fun observing the people around us, and wondering what their lives must be like... Afterwards, it was time to head back to get our sweet little girl.

Thank you to everyone who helped make our Anniversary so special! Special thanks to our sweet friends & family who unexpectedly blest us so we could have such a special time! The Lord has blest us beyond measure, and we're so thankful for each other, and each of you!

While we were out & about, Aspen was having adventures of her own at Granny & Paw Paw's! These adventures included, but were certainly not limited to, going through Granny's "tupperware" cabinet, and bassoon carolers. :D

The pictures aren't the best, but they're pictures non the less. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment