Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day to Day with Aspen

The past few weeks have been hectic and full to say the least. We've lost some very dear people to us due to the Lord calling them to eternity, and it's also the anniversary week that my PawPaw went to be with the Lord too. The Lord has given abundant grace, but there have certainly been tears shed since my last post. But, between those tears, have been fun times with my sweet Aspen and fun husband...and others too. :) I've tried to snap pictures during those fun times for all of you to see, and I have quite a few. I think I'll probably spread them out into a few posts...we'll see... The first four pictures are at random off my phone.

We were having breakfast one morning, and Aspen decided to make her yogurt bowl into a hat. I was't super happy, but it was super cute...we dealt with icky, stiff yogurt hair the rest of the day, even though I did try to get it out!

 
Aspen and I get up early to walk now, and this is the beautiful bedhead she had one morning. Her hair was so soft and fuffy...it was going everywhere!!


Brian took these, and if I'd know he was going to not zoom in on Aspen's face, I'd of smiled or something! Aspen had discovered 'pretending to be asleep'. She'll say, "I sleep...' then close her eyes, and just enjoy knowing that we're watching her. After a few seconds, she usually smiles with her eyes shut, but Brian caught her peeking.



I mopped my kitchen & bathrooms one day, and set the mop out to dry...Aspen discovered it and thought it was to mop the porch; that is, until she took the mop apart. It's now in pieces waiting to be put back together...


Someone gave me this jogging stroller. I was thrilled because it meant I could start walking with Aspen and the little baby I'm keeping during the day. It's too big and bulky for an 'everyday' stroller, thus why it's a jogging stroller, I'm sure! (very profound, I know.) Anyway. when I was cleaning it up Aspen LOVED climbing all over it...she calls it her 'car'. 


 I don't think any of my McDonald boy cousins read the blog, but if they did, I'd ask it they recognize this thing Aspen is sitting on. My grandparents always had their microwave on it, and mixing bowls underneath. It's now Aspens book corner of the kitchen...I finally got a couple semi decent shots of her reading her books on/under it. I still haven't figured out what to keep on top...it's currently the 'collect all' for things that go to other people....like, the Tupperware for my Aunt who has graciously waited since April...and the other thing that I keep forgetting to pass on to one of my cousins... :) (Thank you for ya'lls patience!)



Brian took a 1/2 day on Friday, due to some things that needed to be taken care of around here. Aspen brought him these pajama bottoms to put on her, but instead, he put them on her head. She proudly wore her  new 'hat'!




 Also on Friday, Brian wasn't sure where in the house Aspen was, so he called out, "Aspen, where are you?" to which she SO very sweetly replied, "I see books." !!! :) She was in her room looking at books like she does very often. I thought her reply was just too precious. Aspen then came out carrying an open book to show Daddy. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the pants on her head, E & A have done that too. Aren't you glad you don't have to use a double stroller everywhere, they are pretty bulky.

    ReplyDelete