Friday, November 9, 2012

Finally...a little bit of Mommy!

Let's see...a couple weeks ago was Brian's bands' UIL Marching Competition. It's what they work for all season. Lots of blood, sweat and tears are shed each marching season with the goal of making 1's at UIL...for some bands its more than UIL...rather, past UIL on to Area & State Marching contest. For us, this year, we were just hoping for 1's. The kids (and directors!) worked super hard, and it was still a little shaky, but by God's grace, they pulled it off. Brian & the band left the stadium that night smiling, and carrying a UIL superior rating with trophy. Praise the Lord!!! I, as the wife, was super proud of my husband, and his band...but was SO thankful for the Lord's graciousness in helping the band do so well. I was very grateful....we were able to enjoy our peach cobbler a little bit better I believe, than if 2's had been given. (a little background...before Brian came to this band program, they were receiving 3's & 4's at UIL...they've come a looooooooong way.) So...both McDonald & Moreno parents came to support Brian & the band that night along with Aunt Cindy, and Aunt Laura in heart... :) 

After the performance, and watching a couple other bands, the Moreno's and I headed out to meet Brian for dinner in celebration. :) We decided to go to Kelly's since that was closest to Brian - or - Bear, as they call him. :) By the time we got to the restaurant, then Bear joined us, it was pushing 7:30/8:00....Aspen's bedtime. She hung in there, and Nanny saved the day by getting her some crackers! My entree came with a side salad...and not really caring about the dressing, I chose Ranch. Well...Aspen saw my salad, and dressing, then so sweetly said, "Some? Some dat?" Like she so regularly does. I passed her a cucumber slice, then the leftover bowl of Ranch to dip it in. She LOVED it. I knew she liked Ranch, but she REALLY liked this one. I had to get pictures and post it. Brian/Bear just sat watching, laughing...he doesn't like Ranch...says it's not 'Moreno'. :D So, finally a bit of Mommy showing through in our Aspen!






1 comment:

  1. Praise God!! So excited to hear how far they've come :)

    And I'm proud of Aspen for liking Ranch...it's the best! :D

    ReplyDelete