Friday, November 23, 2012

Baby Names

There are SO many other things I really should be doing right now, but....I just HAD to post this real fast. :) 

So...Obviously, Brian and I have been trying to find a name suitable for our sweet little girl who is on her way. You'd think after 27 weeks we'd be farther along with a name than we are, but...this little girl kinda has us stumped. Thankfully, we did reach my goal. I desired to have a pretty definite name by Thanksgiving, which we can toss around until Christmas to make sure we like it. Then, after that, hopefully we won't be back 'at the drawing board'. :) I believe we came up with at least the first name... :) It's a start right?! In case your wondering... Yes, it's a secret. You'll just have to wait to hear the name...gotta keep ya'll guessing & in suspense. 

BUT...the whole point of this post isn't to tease you. No, I thought ya'll could leave comments and maybe even vote. Over Thanksgiving dinner at the McDonald's, we began discussing our name dilemma  and tossing around the most popular 'nicknames' baby girl has accumulated...


Uncle Ruben has dubbed her, from before we were even expecting...

A) Cypress Creek

Granny Jane lovingly, after reading in her Bible one morning....

B) Cedar

Uncle Caleb, I think because of CO and other trees there...

C) Willow

and Paw Paw Wade, after hearing the above 3...

D) Cedar Bayou

Cedar Bayou has definitely caused us to laugh!!! Now, in case some of you feel out of the loop, Aspen's middle name is Brooks...thus, her name is technically a tree & body of water. Thus, Paw Paw Wade's tree & body of water suggestion. Poor child...Cedar Bayou...  

Feel free to let us know what trees you like best, or what you think of our family's creativity! In case you're wondering...we're not planning on naming our newest addition after a tree...I will say though, that the first name we considered, randomly meant 'tree'. lol... :D


1 comment:

  1. "Cedar Bayou" is hilarious....but I think my vote would have to be Willow. Love your family's creativity! Also love that you're keeping the name a secret. It adds to the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete