Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Day - 2012

Christmas Day was super special this year...it seems as each Christmas rolls by, they get more memorable and more special. And it's not the gifts that make it so, but rather the precious time with those you love. 

We started Christmas Day off by doing "Christmas" at our house, with our little family. Aspen was very excited about her new Airplane! 



Brian got the same gift, wrapped in various sized packages...golfing certificates. I had to be creative with the wrapping...there's only so much you can do with a piece of paper!

Opening her new books...

My Christmas Present from Brian - and Aspen. I had a feeling what it was, but knew there was NO way it was in the budget.  I had tears in my eyes when I finally got it opened, and heard the story...my sweet husband sold his Eb Trumpet to buy this for me... SO wish I could do something like that for him.

Not the greatest picture, but captured the emotion...

Aspen & I with our new "books"... 

After having a nice 3-some(technically 4!) family time, we ate some breakfast and headed to the McDonald household for Christmas there. Daddy texted earlier that morning that their a/c wasn't working, so dress comfortably...so, no sweaters. :) With the fan on, and windows open, it was comfortable...to my friends in the north, yes, we do pretty much run a/c all year. In addition to the a/c not working, after we arrived over there, the power was knocked out due to the strong winds of a storm blowing in. Nevertheless, lunch still turned out wonderful - maybe just a little behind schedule, but totally worth it.

Mama did so good decorating the table festively. I was impressed with her creativity...she even decorated their little chandelier! I had to get a picture. Mama's theme was snowflakes - the application was that each of us are snowflakes, designed individually different & special by the Lord for His purpose. 




Daddy & Annabel read us The Christmas Story from Luke 2...just like PawPaw used to do.

Passing out the gifts...I believe the little girls started us off this year

Everyone waiting their turn... I didn't get very many pictures of us actually opening our gifts...

I think this is Aspen's favorite present from Granny & PawPaw...a little tea set. 






Jumping on the trampoline with the cousins...not too much longer and I'm not going to allow Aspen to jump with others on there...that's how I broke my leg...


Rebekah & Alyssa trying out her new sewing machine

A nice attempt at a mother/daughter picture...

I broke down and opened the box of 100 blocks that were given to Aspen...she LOVED them. Definitely a 'once in a while' toy for now...until she's big enough to get them out, and put them back away by herself. :) Such fun though!!!


Thank you to both our families for such precious Christmas memories. The time spent with each of you is truly cherished. On top of your love, you all showered us with incredible gifts - "Thank you" seems so minimal compared to what you sacrificed to make us feel extra loved & special. Thank you!!! Christmas is such a special time as we celebrate the birth of our Savior...this year especially, I was reminded of the gift of Life God gave us in His Son as He sent Jesus to this wretched world to become sin for me and you. The gifts we gave & received couldn't come close to the gift of God. I stand amazed & in awe of God's great love for us...His only Son...sent here to die for us, that we might have eternal life with Him...forever. Yet, so often we refuse that gift and don't accept it... God is standing there holding it out to us, like Nanny & Aunt Roni did on Christmas Eve, and Daddy did on Christmas day - all I had to do was reach out and accept the gift! That what we have to do to accept God's gift...to me, it very humbling... "Thank you Lord, for your Christmas gift to us all, so long ago. Thank you for helping me accept that precious gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment