Monday, January 28, 2013

McDonald January Birthday Party

Mom McDonald always goes way out for our birthdays. She has always made them special, but the last three years, she's put SO much time and energy into each party month for each special person. I think each of us 'kids' can say we have incredible birthday party memories. Thank you Mom! In 2012, Mom's theme for each party was a movie - she studied each person, and found out a kids movie that fit their personality. Last year, Brian's was Megamind (his fav at the time), Caleb & Becky's was UP, etc...  Because my birthday is at the VERY beginning of the year, I typically wrap up the year of themes instead of starting them out. SO....with it being my birthday, Aspen's & Daddy's, Mama did Lady & the Tramp...I think mainly because Aspen loves dogs so much. Mom was incredibly creative, and I was thoroughly impressed!!! She recreated Tony's Italian Restaurant, even to the point of having the theme music playing as we walked in. 

Preparing the Yummy Spread

The perfectly decorated table - complete with restaurant style olive oil & spices to dip our bread sticks in. 


Remember in the movie how Lady & Tramp make their paw prints in the cement? Mom McDonald thought of everything.


Adorable Lady & Tramp table decorations, along with pretty flowers.


The Birthday People


My delicious looking (and tasting) plate



 Playing fun games...








The 'rat' from the movie



Our delicious Hummingbird Cake - it's like Italian Cream


Okay - these cupcakes really impressed me. They don't look like the most delicious thing to eat, BUT, that's not the point. Mom made them for decoration, and I think she did and incredible job. They're supposed to be 'meatballs & spaghetti'! She did cake decorating that I just am too lazy to do, and I'm SO proud of her! She even found chocolate covered jElly bElly's for the meatballs...and she hand rolled the fondant for the noodle.. Yeah, I was really impressed! PLUS, the strawberry jam or preserves she used for the red sauce. They smelled delicious. I snuck a bite of Aspen's...they were pretty good too.


Trying to get Aspen to blow the candles... And Rebekah, the baby snatcher in the background - when she's around I hardly ever get to hold a little boy...usually a parent has one, then Rebekah has the other!



More impressive cupcakes...



PawPaw with Hudson I think....hard for me to tell at this angle...


"Is this spaghetti or cake?!" :)


Thank you again Mom & Dad McDonald for making the January birthdays so very special!

1 comment: