Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I wish I were a poet, then I'd write a sweet, mushy poem to my Moms -- instead, ya'll will just have to endure my attempt to publicly show my personal appreciation to both of my precious moms, and all you other moms who love me, and are a mother figure in my life. 

*deep sigh*...where ever to begin?! 

Mom Moreno -- I couldn't ask for a better mom-in-love... I love this picture -- It's truly how I feel in the Moreno family; wrapped up in open arms. From the first time I set foot in your home, and even more after Bear proposed to me, I've always felt love by you. I know I tell you every year, but it means THE WORLD to me that you've accepted me as a true daughter. And, the most incredible part, is that it's 'normal' to you, you wouldn't ever dream of it being any other way. Not may ladies are as blest as I am to have you. Thank you Mom, for accepting me as your own. You've taught me so very much in just the 3 years I've been in the family. There have been times you were the only one on this earth who knew exactly what I was dealing with, and how to help me. Thank you for being there for me - at any time - and holding my hand as I transitioned into being a wife, mother, and now a mother to 2. You'll never know what you mean to me... Thank you, for being my mom, but also being a friend. You can sense things in me, that hardly anyone can -- you pick up on my insecurities, hurts, and so much more...thank you for caring about me in so many various aspects, and helping me through each day - especially the ones that hold challenges.


Thank you, Mom Moreno, for giving me your son. You did a wonderful job raising him, and I'm honored to share your name through him. Thank you for raising him to be a good man, one of respect and honor. Thank you for encouraging him all the years before me, and now too. You mean the world to him... Bear is always talking about you, and the special memories ya'll have together -- playing cards on friday nights, your delicious lasagna, taking him all over the island, and loving his friends as your own -- and putting up with them...letting him play baseball in the house, and not minding holes in the walls because of it. You're an amazing woman, raising 4 wonderful children, and doing so incredibly! Thank you, for investing so much, and sharing it with me. I know you still have sleepless nights thinking and praying for your son, and now the rest of his family -- thank you for continually sacrificing...it's not overlooked... I love you Mom!


Mom McDonald -- thank you for loving, raising and continually being a Godly example to me. I honestly cannot think of day you haven't prayed for me or with me. In Romania, knowing you were praying for me at a certain time each day meant so much; you'll never know how much that impacted me. Now, as a wife & mom, you pray & encourage me on rough days, and you often don't even know it...and it's often through the things you've taught me. Just every day things, I have the opportunity to apply now, that I never have before. Thank you for sacrificing your life, to raise me (and my brothers.) For giving up SO much, to homeschool us, and pour your all into our hearts, minds, and souls. Words cannot sum it up... As a Mom now, I can only imagine how intimidated home-schooling was at first, and yet you faced it and did it!! I have you to hold my hand, you didn't have that. Thank you, for facing fears and trusting the Lord to guide you. I know I'm the woman I am today because the of God's Grace working through you to train me in His ways. 

Thank you Mom McDonald, for being my mom  friend. You truly are my dear friend, and I praise our Lord for you. There are times I hate when we get together, because I know you'll see straight through my attempt to hide tears or not seem flustered; and yet, it's a relief to know that you know, and in that, I know you'll pray. We have such fun together - whether is cleaning house, running errands, or just being silly, it's always fun. Thank you for sharing your time with me, and making memories even in the little things. Thank you, for being my cheerleader - especially with cakes, kids, and cooking. Praise God for unlimited cell plans - and that you don't block my number!!!


As I write this for you, my dear Moms, I'm torn. As I wrote specifically for one, and then the other, each intertwined, and I wanted to write the same thing to both. You both are so very, very dear to me, and I feel our relationships are both so very similar! You are both dear friends, and you both pray for me, and my family... You could swap out the names to each paragraph, and it'd still be true. Thank you both for being so very much to me. I thank and praise our Lord for you both. Thank you, for teaching me what being a Mom is all about, and encouraging me as I apply what you taught/continue to teach me. I'm so very blest.




Thank you to my Aunts for loving me, and my family; for being there for us, praying & supporting us. I don't have pictures on here for each of you, but that doesn't mean you're any less important. Whether on the McDonald/Strait side, or Moreno/Garcia side, you have played a very vital role in my life, and I thank you for investing in me. I love each of you dearly.




And, I'm sure by this point you (my blog readers) are ready for me to wrap it up...there's SO much more I desire to say though!!! 

To my dear sisters - Roni, Rebekah, Christi, and Becky - I love you. Thank you for being there for me too, and holding my hand and being examples for me. 

Last, but not least - to my 'Moms' & Mom Friends/Sisters who follow my blog, you know who you are...it's late, and I'm afraid if I tried to list each of you, I'd unintentionally overlook one of you... Happy Mother's Day! You too, play a very significan role in my life, specifically, the mother I'm becoming...Thank you! I love you!

May our Lord bless each of you abundantly. May He shower you with Grace as you a) Enjoy your grown children or small grandchildren or b) as you continue to trip over toys, endure sleepless nights, and train little ones. May each of us remember the joy and purpose of being Mommies - to raise children to glorify their Heavenly Father... Let's enjoy the challenges along the way -- I'm learning the challenges, and precious moments are gone so fast... 

Happy Mother's Day, from my heart!
~Meagen

Okay, this is it, and I'll be through..."Thank you Lord, for my precious little girls, and the joy they are to me. Use me, and them to bring honor to you. Help me cherish even the rough days, and remember you use them to train me too. Make me a Godly example for their little, innocent eyes to see, as I know they watch & look to me even now. May they see You, and not me."




1 comment:

  1. Very nice post on mother’s day celebrations. I am so impressed with the smiles of all of the beautiful ladies in the photos. Even I am very busy with the preparations of a fabulous 50th birthday bash for my mom. Going to book one of her favorite rental spaces for parties and feeling super excited for it.

    ReplyDelete