Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Busy Day in Dallas

Today has been super crazy, and Aspen an incredible trooper. The Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful little one!

First, we went to see Auntie at rehab. Aspen was a big girl & played on the bed with Granny's special toy airplane. Next, we visited Grand-Mary...Mary Strait, my step-grandma, who I proudly claim as my grandma. Grand-Mary is nearly 92! Doesn't she look great! Aspen enjoyed playing on her floor. Thirdly, we picked up Mrs. Dorthy Pate and went to Furr's for lunch. Dorthy is yet another adopted grandma of mine. She too is 91!

After all that running around town, we were hot & tired. It's been over 112 degrees today here, and the heat index 120. I was very thirsty, so I figured Aspen was too. I decided it'd be okay for her to have some water. So, I shared mine, and she LOVED it! :) She helped me hold the cup like such a big girl! I then laid her down on the floor, and she started "reading" a book by herself that "Granny" had read to her. I thought it was just TOO cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment