Monday, August 29, 2011

Paw Paw's Paw

On Saturday, we had the privileged opportunity to go see Paw Paw in Sweeny, Texas. Just the three of us drove over there for a few hours. As an added bonus, we got to see Aunt Cindy too!!! (I wasn't thinking & didn't get any pictures of her! :() We visited, then went to Lake Jackson for lunch. Now, we all agreed "the cafeteria" or "Luby's" would be good. I've always liked going to Luby's, especially with Paw Paw (and Grandma), but it was extremely good this time. Mmmmm...I was bad...I got chicken fried steak, fried okra, and yummy Mac & Cheese...oh! And a fluffy, white dinner roll. Doesn't get much better than that. I think the only thing missing was a piece of my Mom's apple pie & blue bell ice cream, vanilla, of course. Aspen was a big girl and ate her cereal while the rest of us downed our yummy food. Thank you Paw Paw for a special lunch & day! After lunch, we headed back to Sweeny where we were able to visit and relax for a little. Brian got a little nap, and Aspen enjoyed scoping out Paw Paw's Paw's house. :)

Okay...before I go any farther, I need to clarify Paw Paw's Paw's. Lol :) I call my Dad's father Paw Paw. Now he's a great grandpa, and it was decided a few years ago he would be called Paw Paw's Paw. From the stand point of his great grandchild, he would be their Paw Paw's Paw. :) Pretty cute, isn't?! I hope I explained that so you can actually understand...

Anyway, it was such fun getting to spend time with my Paw Paw. I'm so very grateful for him, and my Aunt Cindy! We love you both lots & lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment